Our multidisciplinary team including a board-certified physician, clinical psychologists and Child Development Specialists, are committed and dedicated to providing individualized care to our patients.
Before your first visit to Dr. Hannauer or Pediatric Minds Medical Center:
- Request a referral or authorization from your child’s pediatrician/primary care physician, if required by your health plan/HMO or insurance company.
- Bring copies of relevant reports and evaluations, such as imaging studies, or behavioral, neurological, psychological, or speech and language evaluations, that have previously been completed.
- Bring copies of any evaluations conducted by a school district, including an Individual education Plan (IEP), or evaluations at a Regional Center.
- Bring your health insurance card.
- Complete and bring the Child Health History form and a Patient Information form. You can download copies here.
Children make their first visit to the Early Childhood Treatment Center after a thorough evaluation, which includes:
- Parent and/or caregiver interviews,
- Direct observation of the child by the Medical Director, Dr. Pantea Hannauer;
- Evaluation of the child’s cognitive and adaptive functions by the Medical Director or by another qualified physician; and
- One or more of several standardized assessment tools.
Please call our office to ask about insurances accepted. If we do not already contract with your health plan or insurance company, we may still be able to obtain an authorization to see your child on an out-of-network basis.