Our multidisciplinary team including a board-certified physician, clinical psychologists and Child Development Specialists, are committed and dedicated to providing individualized care to our patients.
Before your first visit to Dr. Hannauer or Pediatric Minds Medical Center:
- Request a referral or authorization from your child’s pediatrician/primary care physician, if required by your health plan/HMO or insurance company.
- Bring copies of relevant reports and evaluations, such as imaging studies, or behavioral, neurological, psychological, or speech and language evaluations, that have previously been completed.
- Bring copies of any evaluations conducted by a school district, including an Individual education Plan (IEP), or evaluations at a Regional Center.
- Bring your health insurance card.
- Complete and bring the Child Health History form and a Patient Information form. You can download copies here.
Children make their first visit to the Early Childhood Treatment Center after a thorough evaluation, which includes:
- Parent and/or caregiver interviews,
- Direct observation of the child by the Medical Director, Dr. Pantea Hannauer;
- Evaluation of the child’s cognitive and adaptive functions by the Medical Director or by another qualified physician; and
- One or more of several standardized assessment tools.
Please call our office to ask about insurances accepted. If we do not already contract with your health plan or insurance company, we may still be able to obtain an authorization to see your child on an out-of-network basis.
Recommended Journal Articles
Identifying Children With Autism Early – American Academy of Pediatrics
Management of Children With Autism Spectrum Disorders – American Academy of Pediatrics
Autism Society of America
The nation’s leading grassroots autism organization, exists to improve the lives of all affected by autism.
ASA does this by increasing public awareness about the day-to-day issues faced by people on the spectrum, advocating for appropriate services for individuals across the lifespan, and providing the latest information regarding treatment, education, research and advocacy.
UCLA Department of Child Neurology
The Division of Neurology offers outpatient consultation and specialty programs that provide comprehensive evaluation and management of neurologic disorders in infants and children under the age of 18.
National Autism Association
Payment and Insurance
If you have private insurance, or are covered by an insurance company or health plan that we contract with, we will bill your insurance company for you. We accept assignment of benefits; however, you are responsible, at the time of the visit, for any deductibles, co-insurance amounts, and charges not paid by your insurance. We do our best to verify your health plan or insurance coverage and limitations, but you are responsible for keeping us up to date on any changes to your plan or policy.
Patients with no insurance or who are unable to provide insurance information are required to pay for services when they are rendered. We offer a discount to patients with no coverage who pay in full at the time of the visit. Pediatric Minds Medical Center, Inc. accepts cash, checks, certain credit cards and ATM cards. Patients paying cash (no insurance coverage) may be rescheduled if they are unable to make the required payment at the time of service.
There will be a charge of $25.00 for each returned check. Pediatric Minds Medical Center, Inc. reserves the right to request payment by cash, credit card or ATM card from any patient with two or more returned checks in any twelve month period.
You will receive a monthly statement from our office indicating any balance due. Payment of the balance is expected within 10 days after receipt of the statement.
Please inform us of any change to your name, address, telephone number, insurance coverage or your employment. Please discuss any questions or special circumstances with our Manager.
3524 Torrance Bvld., Suite 104
Torrance, California 90503
(Building located on Fashion Way)
Pediatric Minds Medical Center
- Child Neurology Services
- Early Childhood Treatment Center
- Developmental Services
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Speech Therapy
- Social Cognitive Skills Program
- Individual Psychotherapy
- Family Psychotherapy