A BCBA certification is a graduate-level certification in behavior analysis. This is the only nationally recognized certification that allows for the assessments and design of behavioral interventions using Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) for children with Autism. As part of becoming fully certified, BCBA students need supervision as part of their training. We provide and offer supervision hours to students who are interested in getting certified in this field and further grow their careers. Our BCBA Supervisors are professional, well-trained, compassionate professionals with many years of experience.”
We are also looking for full-time BCBAs who are looking for work in an innovative, cutting edge company that is rapidly growing. Our BCBAs have the opportunity work work in a collaborative environment supervision staff and designing behavioral treatment using ABA for children with autism. This would happen in the home or clinic-based setting. We hope the BCBA would be familiar with using Electronic Record keeping, provide assessments, and meet and collaborate with parents and professionals regularly.
We are looking for a strong team member who can also think outside of the box while implementing and maintaining strong ABA disciplines in their treatment approach to our patients with Autism.
Be a part of a collaborative time and have direct access to SLPs, OTs, Clinical Psychologists and MD.
BCBA Job Duties
- Develop individualized treatment plans including goals, objectives and interventions while monitoring the client’s progress towards goals.
- Define target behaviors and goals in objective, measurable terms while outlining data collection techniques.
- Conduct intake assessments and functional behavioral assessments/analyses as needed with accompanying recommendations for services.
- Through direct observation of the client, observed the individual across all relevant setting to determine the function of the behavior and design appropriate intervention accordingly. Observations of each client directly should occur every 1-2 weeks.
- Track and report time spent working on client specific tasks such as preparing documents, reports, emails/phone calls and other materials.
- Provide training and supervision to Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs) and/or employees working toward their BCBA; which includes maintaining supervision records as according to BACB guidelines
- Provide consultation and training to parent and teachers with guidance in the principles of ABA and behavior modification
- Train and meet with staff regularly to help further develop their knowledge and practical use of ABA strategies and principles.
- Review behavior data, meet and discuss with the appropriate staff member any discrepancies noted on the behavior data (e.g. lack of documentation, inappropriate restrictions or lack of appropriate consequences; situations in which the current behavior program or treatment approach were not followed appropriately also, check each report to ensure that time, date, signatures, are correct).
- Assist with various administrative tasks and oversight of Pediatric Minds Developmental Services which include scheduling staff, review staff timesheets, answering insurance funded questions via phone or email, and meet with staff regarding disciplinary needs.
- Interview incoming employees applying for various positions within Pediatric Minds.
- Report writing (treatment plans) that are compliant with each client’s specific insurance standards each authorization period.
- Ensure medical records are kept in accordance of HIPPAA and other regulatory agencies.
- Meet with clinical psychologists for further training and research opportunities.
- Represent Pediatric Minds policy professionally and in a positive manner
- Must be currently certified as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Must have at least 3 years of experience providing ABA services to children
- Must be able to pass background check, TB test
- Adept people-management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Possess important personality characteristics such as professionalism, organization, creativity
- Preferences given to individuals already credentialed as “in network” providers for insurance
- Knowledge of Central Reach is preferred
- Strong natural environment teaching and generalization programming is a plus
- Will prioritize candidates with experience working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Paid holidays, Sick time and PTO
- No minimum billable requirements
- Excellent work/life balance
- Work alongside professionals in a multidisciplinary setting
- Will pay for continuing education through application process
- Company laptop and tablet
- Opportunities to work on research and development programs
- Medical/dental/vision insurance