Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) Services
Children with Autism respond best to a highly structured and specialized intervention program. One of the most effective strategies used is Applied Behavior Analysis or ABA. This is a widely accepted approach that has been able to show improvement in children with Autism. The strategies used to reinforce productive and functional behaviors while reducing non-productive or unwanted behaviors. This requires consistency and parent involvement for the child to truly benefit. The child’s behaviors are tracked and data is collected to ensure your child is making progress. Your child will also undergo pre and post- measures of their adaptive skills and behaviors to help in improving and changing the treatment plan.
Multiple peer-reviewed studies have shown that intensive early interventions, which includes ABA, in addition to other treatments like Speech therapy, Occupational Therapy and Social Skills, are highly effective. “Intensive” treatment refers to a combination of services for the child to total about 25-40hrs per week for a duration of 1 to 3 yrs.
There are various modalities of ABA and some of them are listed below:
- Pivotal Response Training (PRT) PRT tries to increase the child’s motivation to participate in and monitor their own behaviors and actions. This can also target improving and initiating communication. The benefits should have a “trickle-down” effect and help other behaviors to improve as well.
- Early Intensive Behavioral Intervention (EIBI) EIBI provides individualized, behavioral instruction to very young children with ASD. It requires a large time commitment and provides one-on-one or small-group instruction.
- Discrete Trial Teaching (DTT) DTT uses a series of trials in a step by step way to achieve desired behaviors or responses. The steps are broken down into simple parts and positive behaviors are reinforced.
Please refer to CDC website about Autism Treatment. https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/aut
Who Should Provide ABA Interventions:
An ABA program should be designed by and supervised by a qualified licensed professional who is Board Certified in ABA. The staff should all be Registered Behavioral Technicians (RBTs) with comprehensive didactic and clinical training. Our staff is highly trained and supervised by Licensed Clinical Psychologists, BCBAs and a Board Certified Medical Professional (MD) who specializes in Autism and neuro-developmental disorders.
Our ABA program works with children ages 18 mos to 12 yrs. Your health insurance should cover this service. The ABA services may be provided in the home setting, in a Clinic setting or in a combination of the two.
We will work with you to meet you and your child’s needs!
Our ABA Staff and Professionals
3524 Torrance Bvld., Suite 104
(Building located on Fashion Way)
Torrance, California 90503
Pediatric Minds Medical Center
- Child Neurology Services
- Early Childhood Treatment Center
- Developmental Services
- Neuro-Pschological Testing
- Speech Therapy
- Social Cognitive Skills Program
- Individual Psychoherapy
- Family Psychotherapy